Innovactory International B.V. (hereinafter referred to as: Innovactory) considers it important that your personal data is handled with care. That is why we have explained in this statement how we handle your personal data and what rights you have.
Why do we collect personal data?
Innovactory collects, processes and manages personal data for communicating with participants as well as measuring, analyzing, improving the Gaiyo app and may provide a starting fee to participants. Whether a participant is eligible for a startup fee can be found in the terms and conditions of participation, which set out the rights and obligations that apply to participants who receive a startup fee.
We obtain this personal information, among other things:
All data requested from you during registration. In addition, all data collected during the use of the App Gaiyo (Android and iOS). Usage is also requested from the Mobility Providers which are booked with the travel credit. Below is explained which data we process exactly.
What data will be processed about me?
When you create an account within Gaiyo, the following data of yours will be processed:
- Name, address and place of residence as obtained during account creation;
- Name, postcode+home number, age category, e-mail address, whether you have a car and operating system of smartphone (iOS or Android) as provided by the participant when registering an account;
- The Gaiyo App collects over the course of the term with the participant’s consent:
- Gps-ride registrations
- GPS motion registrations
- Userineraction through screen logging while using the App
- Check-in and check-out behavior with timestamp obtained from the Mobility Providers.
- For retention periods of participants’ data, please refer to subsection “Retention of your personal data”.
How is the person responsible invested with regard to your personal data?
The processing of personal data takes place in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter AVG). The party responsible for the processing of your personal data to which you can turn for questions or for exercising your rights is Innovactory.
This implies that Innovactory in any case:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they have been provided;
- Processing of your personal data is limited to those data which are at least necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Requests your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- Has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- No personal data will be passed on to other parties, unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which they have been provided;
- Is aware of your rights concerning your personal data, wants to inform you about them and respects them.
- To whom will my data be provided?
Your personal data (name and address) will be used by Innovactory and marketing partners (i.e. Roorda and Tabula Rasa) to communicate with participants and to improve the Gaiyo app. Gaiyo also uses Amazone Cloud services, MailChimp, and SurveyMonkey to operate Gaiyo.
Processing agreements have been made between Innovactory and its partners and service providers to ensure the protection of your data.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties other than those listed above unless you consent or there is a legal obligation to do so, for example, pursuant to a lawful claim from competent authorities.
When you use Gaiyo, data about movements are created. This data is shared by us with TNO, which carries out research into Mobility as a Service (MaaS) on behalf of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management. Gaiyo makes part of this program MaaS.
The aim of MaaS is to offer all types of transport to travellers in one service. The ministry and the MaaS service providers want to understand how different types of transport (own car, public transport, own bicycle, shared bicycles and scooters, rental and shared cars, taxis, etc.) can be better connected to each other. They also want to investigate the effects of the Gaiyo app on e.g. CO2-emissions, traffic jams and other policy goals and services. In addition, the results of the research will be used to improve the services provided to travellers (and therefore also the services provided to you through Gaiyo). These actions take place through TNO.
With the permission you have given on Gaiyo’s privacy statement, you also grant TNO permission to receive the data from Gaiyo. These data will NEVER be directly traceable to you. In addition TNO secures your data so that your privacy is properly protected. (More information about the TNO research can be found here)
Security of your data
The database containing your personal information has security features that ensure that information is not lost, misused, or altered without your consent. Only authorised personnel have access to your data. The database and the website are adequately protected in accordance with the AVG. This ensures that your personal data is handled correctly and carefully. Personal data is stored in a pseudonymised manner and therefore cannot be directly traced back to the person.
Your data will be protected with the following technical and organizational measures:
- Logical access control, using passwords;
- Automatic logging of all actions concerning the personal data;
- Physical access security measures;
- Encryption of digital files containing personal data;
- Organisational access security measures;
- Random policy compliance monitoring;
- Security of network connections via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- A secure internal network;
- Quick correction of inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Collaboration with reputable security systems for online payments and transactions; you can see this by the padlock at the bottom of your internet browser.
Innovactory has appointed a data protection officer within its organisation, who supervises the security of your data and compliance with the provisions of the AVG. You can contact the data protection officer at email@example.com.
Access your data
You can request your personal data, as known to us, in writing via Innovactory, Bolderweg 2, 1332 AT Almere. Use the subject ‘PG Gaiyo’ and enclose a copy of your registration certificate and identity card or passport. On the copy you need to shield the passport photo and the BSN. The Customer Contact Centre will inform you in writing within four weeks whether your personal data will be processed. If so, you will be provided with a copy of the personal data being processed.
In accordance with the GTC, you may request the Client Contact Centre to correct, supplement, delete or block the personal data in question if they are factually incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant for the purpose or purposes of your participation, or are otherwise processed in violation of a statutory provision. You can send your request for this in writing to Innovactory, Bolderweg 2, 1332 AT Almere. Use ‘PG Gaiyo’ as the subject. Enclose a copy of your registration certificate and identity card or passport and state the changes to be made or your request regarding your personal data. On the copy you should shield the passport photo and the BSN.
Storage of your personal data
Personal data of participants who have created an account will be kept for a maximum of 8 weeks after the end of the account, subject to your explicit permission to keep the data longer.
The goal is to keep the data for a maximum of 8 weeks:
Determine analysis and learning moments of the Gaiyo app;
Improving services Innovactory;
Data used for learning applications may be retained longer for statistical purposes. This data is anonymized and cannot be traced back to a person.
Cookies are placed on our Gaiyo website. Cookies are small text files These cookies are used to make our website function better and to monitor web visits. This allows us, among other things, to check how many people have visited the website in a certain period of time. We only use this data in an aggregated, and therefore anonymous, way, so that this data cannot be traced back to a person.
Tracking cookies from ourselves
With your permission, we place a cookie on your equipment, which can be retrieved as soon as you visit a website from our network. This allows us to know that you have been on other websites in our network in addition to our website. The resulting profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address and the like, but is only used to tailor advertisements to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible”.
Cookie settings in your browser
You can adjust the cookie setting of your browser to refuse or accept certain cookies. In almost all browsers, you can find the information to adjust the cookie settings via the ‘Help’ function of that browser.
Questions and more information
For all your questions about Gaiyo, including related questions about the General Data Protection Ordinance, please contact Gaiyo’s Customer Contact Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An overview with answers to frequently asked questions can be found at https://support-nl.gaiyo.com/.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on: 22 May 2020.